Here's a cool new map. I just added it to make following the route easier. It requires java. If you've got a java-enabled browser, it's pretty cool.
Here's the list of cities so far. Each stop is a night, except for Jasper, where I may spend some time.
- Conway, NH
The next 3 stops got cancelled by weather. Based on what I was already
seeing, I decided to leave Halifax, NS for another trip.
- Fredericton, NB
- Halifax, NS
- Woodstock, NB
- Quebec, QC
- North Bay, ON
Okay, Sault Ste. Marie is a HOLE. I blew through town and kept on going.
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Thunder Bay, ON
- Brandon, MB
- Moose Jaw, SK
- Calgary, AB
The snow emergency plan is in effect, and the next two stops have been
- Banff, AB
- Jasper, AB
- Cache Creek, BC
- Vancouver Island, BC
- Salem, OR
- Brookings, OR
- Petaluma, CA
- San Francisco, CA
First cold, then snow, then floods, now wildfires.
Tecate and, for now, Mexico, got written off due to the San Bernadino fires.
- Tecate, CA
- Yosemite, CA
- Sedona, AZ
- Bryce Canyon, UT
- Tucumcari, NM - sorry, no photos, just a recommendation: EAT AT DEAN'S
- Big Sandy, TX - you're welcome, no photos. Big Sandy is a hole!
- New Orleans, LA
- Jackson, MS then Mobile, AL (overnight near Mobile)
- Pensacola, FL then Montgomery, AL (overnight near Montgomery)
- Asheville, NC - at Mark and Beth's (two great friends from college)
- Pikesville, MD - home